Saturday, July 30, 2011

Random Question Interview with Andrea

Questions

  1. Where can we find you?


Twitter: @andreabuginsky


  1. What is the link for the best review you have had?


3. Why did you choose Solstice?

                I liked the idea of going with a smaller, more personal publisher.  I can ask questions when I need to, and know that I’ll get a quick response. Solstice is like a big family, and I love being a  part of it.

  1. What’s your favorite cover you have seen recently? (feel free to add a picture but please try to keep it pg 13 lol!)


  1. What catches your attention with other books?

The storylines and characters.  If I can identify with or truly root for the characters, I will really be into the book.  And if the storyline grabs me, I won’t be able to put it down.

  1. Do you treat a book as a book, for the story inside, or do you judge a book by the author and or the way it’s published?

Both, I suppose.  For new books, I’ll read it if the story sounds like it will be a good one. But once I know and like an author, I will want to read all of his/her works.

  1. Ebooks VS Books (Feel free to explain)

Both.  I still love to hold a traditional book in my hands, but I can fit so many books onto my thin little Kindle, and I love it!

  1. If you can have anyone read your book and give you feedback who would it be and why?

J.K. Rawling. For children’s literature, she’s my idol. The circumstances under which she wrote Harry Potter really touch me, and the fact that it grew to become what it is today is phenomenal. I would love to know what she thinks of my book.


9. What is it that addicted you to your genre?

                All of the fantasy movies I love to watch, such as “Lord of the Rings,” “Harry Potter,” “The Golden Compass,” and “The Seeker: The Dark is Rising.”  That’s the one I was watching when the light bulb went off in my head and told me to try my hand at a young adult fantasy.  So I did!

10 Your favorite author.

                Danielle Steel.  I’ve been reading her since high school, and I have almost all of her books.

11. Favorite color.

                Pink

12. Something your bio’s won’t tell us.

                I’m Jewish

13. Advice to others?

                Never give up your dreams.  If you work toward them hard enough, they will come true.

14. If you have a day job how do you balance everything.

                My day job is freelance writing web copy, so I can write what I want pretty much when I want.  I don’t have a set writing schedule like I hear so many authors do.

15. What does your writing schedule look like.

                I wake up, grab breakfast and my meds, turn on my computer, check my email, write any articles that are due in the next day or so, then try to work on my current book if I still have the energy.  I’ll go back-and-forth from my computer to the TV throughout the rest of the day, writing a little here and there, checking email, chatting, and marketing.

16. Do you find that writing keep you sane?

                I never thought about it, but I think it does.  It gives me a place to put my thoughts and emotions when they start to get the best of me.

17. If you could bring one of your characters to life, would you, and why?

                Halli.  She’s a huge part of me.  She would be like having a younger sister or daughter around me.

18. If you had a magical power what would if be?

                Healing.  I’d like to be able to help people feel better, and take care of the world’s illnesses.

19. Do you believe in magic?

                Absolutely! It’s everywhere around us, if you know where to look.

20. If we were to play rock paper scissors what would your first choice be?

                Paper

21. If you could control one of the elements what would it be?

                Water.  I’m a Pisces and LOVE the water.  I would love to be a mermaid.

22. What annoys you in books?

                Scenes that seem to drag on and on.

23. Have you ever came across a book you don’t know why a publisher published?

                No

23. Are you a grammar nazi, or do you find yourself more intertwined with the story to deal with the editing part.

                Definitely the former.  I’m always correcting others when they mispronounce words, and I like to edit other’s work.  But I still have my own bad grammar issues to work on.

24. Do you believe in self publishing?

                I’m not sure.  I’d rather be with a publishing company, personally.

25. Make up a question and have at it J

                “Do you plan on publishing more books in the future?”

                Absolutely!  I’m working on the finishing stages of “The Chosen: Book 2,” and I’ve begun the rough draft of Book 3.

26. Tell us a joke.

                This is one I recently heard from a comedian whose name I can’t remember:

                “If texting came before we could talk to each other on the phone, we would all be saying “isn’t it great that we can talk to each other now?!”

                I LOVE that line!  I think it’s absolutely true.

27. What is the weirdest thing you have come across in your writing career?

                How fast my first book became available.

28. Randomly tell us what you thought as you were reading these questions.

                They are very unique questions.  I like that they make me think of myself and not necessarily just the aspect of my writing.

29. Are you a believer in Karma.

                Yes

30. Give a shout out to another writer, you can include their links work ect.

                http://www.graceelliot.webs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment