Monday, August 1, 2011

Random Question Interview with Feicia Rogers

Questions

  1. Where can we find you?




  1. What is the link for the best review you have had?




  1. What catches your attention with other books? 

I notice coverart now more than ever.  If the cover can catch my eye and my interest I feel more compelled to read the novel.

  1. Do you treat a book as a book, for the story inside, or do you judge a book by the author and or the way it’s published? 

I enjoy a book based on the story written upon the pages.  If the story is good it can overcome Cover art, bad editing, and all other issues that might arise.

  1. Ebooks VS Books (Feel free to explain)

I love the idea of ebooks-- Simple, quick, and less expense.  But I still love the feel of a paperback within my fingers.  The smell of new paper, the sound the pages make as you flip through them.  I also like the idea that a physical book can be ‘signed’ by an author.

  1. What is it that addicted you to your genre?

I love a good romance.  A story about a man and a woman falling in love topped with suspense, there is nothing better.

  1. Favorite color.

                Purple!

  1. What does your writing schedule look like?

My writing routine varies.  Sometimes I carry a pad of paper in my hand and write with a pen.  Sometimes I’m in the mood to sit down at the keyboard and just type.  But always once the story is in the computer it has to be printed on paper so I can read it over.  I like the ability of flipping back and forth between pages to check for consistency.



  1. Have you ever came across a book and you don’t know why a publisher published it?

                I plead the Fifth.  J


  1. Are you a grammar nazi, or do you find yourself more intertwined with the story to deal with the editing part?

The first time I write a story, I ignore spelling, grammar, and all other details.  When I enter the information into the computer I look everything up to make sure that it works properly.  Does it work where I have it placed in time?  Is it spelled correctly, etc.  But the first time around I just allow the story to flow.

  1. Tell us a joke.

What is black and white and black and white and black and white?  A penguin rolling down a hill.  What is black and white and laughing?  The penguin that pushed him!

  1. Randomly tell us what you thought as you were reading these questions.

                These questions were different and quite entertaining.

  1. Give a shout out to another writer.  You can include their links work etc.

I have too many!  Verna Clay, Rue Volley, Kristine Cheney, Grace Elliot, Monique O’Connor James, and tons of others.  All great authors and fabulous people I count myself lucky to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment