Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Random Question Interview with Brigit


Questions


3 Why did you choose Solstice? Solstice sort of chose me.  A friend sent my manuscript in to them when I mentioned needing a new publisher and they liked it… so here I am.  I am very glad for it,

5. What catches your attention with other books? All sorts of things.  Author names, blurb on the back, cover picture, recommendations from other people

6. Do you treat a book as a book, for the story inside, or do you judge a book by the author and or the way it’s published? Sometimes by the author if I have read 4 or 5 books and none of them grabbed at me, but usually I treat a book like a book.

7. Ebooks VS Books (Feel free to explain) – I love both and will often buy a book twice.  I love to take my iPad and go and be able to read and read and get more books and not have them get heavy on my arm. However I love a bookstore and to feel paper in my hands.  To curl up in the tub or on the couch with a blanket and lose myself in a book.

9. What is it that addicted you to your genre? OH…. The magic of being something other…something beyond the normal.  I love paranormal and I love love… so the two together make me shiver.

10 Your favorite author. Couldn’t choose just one.  Honestly.  I read all the time a ton of people. 

11. Favorite color. Mint Green…soothing and cool.

12. Something your bio’s won’t tell us. My belly button is pierced.

13. Advice to others? Keep writing, keep trying.  Be sure you send your story to at least two people to read and critique before you submit… trust me… it helps.

14. If you have a day job how do you balance everything. Balance?  There is supposed to be balance?  It is tough.  I find that my writing is what most often has to give in order to work and spend time with my family.  I wish I was one of those people who didn’t need sleep.  But I do.  I write on weekends, and during holidays and breaks.  If I get a free evening I will write then as well.

16. Do you find that writing keep you sane? Sane?  Ummm… well… I suppose if sane is the right word.  I don’t know if I’m ever sane.  I do find that the voices in my head are less when I am putting them down on paper.

19. Do you believe in magic? I do believe in magic.  I think that there is magic waiting to be tapped to in everyone and everything we do.

20. If we were to play rock paper scissors what would your first choice be? Scissors, I love to cut things up.

21. If you could control one of the elements what would it be? Only one?  Geez… that isn’t fair at all.  Nope.

23. Have you ever came across a book you don’t know why a publisher published?

23. Are you a grammar nazi, or do you find yourself more intertwined with the story to deal with the editing part. I get totally entwined when I am writing a story… and when I am reading I love the stories, but if there are glaring grammar errors it will catch my attention.  I do try to ignore them though.

29. Are you a believer in Karma. Oh I am a huge believer in Karma… it is by far the thing I believe in the most.  What you put out there you get back threefold.

30. Give a shout out to another writer, you can include their links work ect. Denyse Bridger… she is the best of the best… http://www.denysebridger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment