Sunday, May 16, 2010

MYSTY MCPARTLAND

Author Interview

MYSTY MCPARTLAND

 
 

1.     When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer?

About fifteen years ago, I started to write down rough drafts of a few story's

2.    When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I completed my first book ten years ago at the age of forty-three

3.    How many books have you written?  Which one is your favorite?

I have completed fifty-three manuscripts only five so far have been published. It's hard to choose a favorite but if I had to choose I would say my series The Mathews Men. Dane, The Payment is the very first book I wrote.

4.    What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I am very lucky with my work schedule, I can write whenever the mood strikes me since my husband works away and none of my children live at home anymore. Now though I have moved to Penang to live for a year I have even more time without my children, grandchildren and friends coming for a visit.

5.    What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

When I am writing or edit my work, my characters make me laugh or sometimes cry.

6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

Mostly when I go to bed the beginning or the story and characters start playing around in my head and from there the story develops.

7.    What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love to read, potter in my garden, spend time with my husband when he is home and travel

  1. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That there is still so much to learn about creating a good story that the reader will enjoy reading.

9.    What do you think makes a good story?

One that keeps you so interested that no matter what you can't put the book down and you have to keep turning the next pages until you have finished it.

10.
Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer?

Accept any criticism, take well meaning advice because everything is a learning curve. If you are rejected by a publisher or have a bad review brush it off but most of all believe in yourself and your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment