Friday, September 16, 2011

Invisible by Jeanne Bannon

I’ve worked in the publishing industry for over twenty years, mostly as a freelance editor. I started my career as a freelance journalist but quickly learned I could not earn a decent living in that line of work. I turned to editing and worked for a large Canadian publisher for five years. Today, I still work as an editor, but only do freelance work. This gives me the flexibility to do what makes my heart sing...write!



My first novel has just been released by Solstice Publishing. It’s a YA novel entitled Invisible. Just to give you a little taste, here is the blurb:





Lola’s not pretty. Lola’s not popular. Lola wishes she could disappear … and then one day she does just that...



For seventeen-year-old Lola Savullo, life is a struggle. Born to funky parents who are more in than she could ever be, Lola’s dream of becoming a writer makes her an outsider even in her own home. Bullied and despised, Lola still has the support of her best pal Charlie and Grandma Rose.



Not only is she freakishly tall, Lola’s a big girl and when forced to wear a bathing suit at her summer job as a camp counselor, Lola’s only escape from deep embarrassment seems to be to literally vanish. Soon after, she discovers the roots of her new “ability”.



Slowly, with Charlie’s help, Lola learns to control the new super power. The possibilities are endless. Yet power can be abused, too…



Then, when tragedy strikes, Lola must summon her inner strength, both at home and at school. She has to stand up for herself, despite the temptations and possibilities of her newfound super power.



A coming-of-age story that will warm the heart.



I’m currently finishing up work on a paranormal thriller tentatively titled Dark Angel. I actually started this novel two and a half years ago and wrote Invisible because I needed a break from writing DA. It only took four months for Invisible to pop from my head onto the page. If only all books were that easy!



Purchase links for Invisible:





My links:






No comments:

Post a Comment